1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Related Posts 1.4

Related Posts

1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Nick submitted a new resource:

Related Posts - Related Posts

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
  2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Updated to version 0.4. Please upgrade to the latest version to take advantage of the new caching feature. Your server will love you for it. :p

Edit: I've had this new version on my site for half an hour and it's already cached 136 sets of related posts so far. :cool:

williamd likes this.
  3. williamd

williamd New Member

Works like a charm! Nice update

4. Gunaxin

Gunaxin Well-Known Member

I've had this plugin installed since I first setup my site, yet it has never displayed any posts. I assumed at first I needed more in the database. However now that we have several hundred posts, surely there is some related content. Any idea why this isn't working for me?

Here is an example :
    http://links.gunaxin.com/gadgets/ipad-gets-fitted-into-car-dashboard/

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Related posts are picked by matching tags. If you aren't using tags, then it won't find any related posts. I'll update this thread with a note about that.

6. Gunaxin

Ah, no wonder. Ok, so I just made a quick edit to change it to use title instead of Tags (since I don't use those). It may not be the most effective results, but it seems to be doing fairly well, and its better than nothing. Thanks.

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Updated to version 0.7. The plugin now only uses the first 5 of the post's tags to prevent huge database queries when posts have 20+ tags.

mabujo likes this.
  8. mabujo

mabujo Designer

Thanks Nick, I'm going to try it out right now.

9. angolanmade

angolanmade Well-Known Member

Any suggestions on how to go about displaying images on related posts...I would like to display the image which was submitted from the Post Images plugin.

Thanks in advance!

10. mabujo

mabujo Designer

Updated to version 1.1, includes ability to use images from the Post Images plugin in the results.

Nick likes this.
  11. angolanmade

Hi Majubo,

I installed the latest version of this plug-in 1.1 along side with the new post images and I'm getting this error and the related posts aren't displaying?
    Fatal error: Call to undefined method BookmarkingFunctions::filter() in /content/plugins/related_posts/related_posts.php on line 304

12. mabujo

mabujo Designer

Hmm, that's an odd one; the function that line refers to hasn't changed in this version of the plugin.

Did you clear your cache after enabling the plugin and do both of the plugins come after Bookmarking?

Gunaxin likes this.
  13. Gunaxin

I'm having trouble with the related posts, and I think it may be due to some formatting issues. Essentially my page ends when I get to Related Posts, and when I checked the code, all of the new stuff is appearing on one line in my editor. So a comment in there, is actually commenting out the entire line. Working on fixing and testing now.

14. angolanmade

Cache was cleared, hard-fresh was done as well. The two-plugins (Post images, Related Images) are now right after the bookmarking plugin. Still the same error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method BookmarkingFunctions::filter() in /content/plugins/related_posts/related_posts.php on line 304

Nick likes this.
  15. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Guys, I've updated the 1.1.zip. Please download and try again.

@mabujo - sorry, this plugin was updated in changeset #292 (lines 265~) to use new changes in Bookmarking which haven't been released yet. I've updated the .zip directly by reverting those lines to the previous version. It should be okay now, but I haven't actually tested it. :eek:

@Gunaxin - wild guess, but if the page stops rendering at Related Posts, then you're probably getting the same error as angolanmade, but you'll need DEBUG turned on to see it. Or just try the latest 1.1. zip.

angolanmade and Gunaxin like this.
  16. Gunaxin

Debug? We don't need no stinking debug. But yeah, this fixed it. Thanks!

Here is an example, with some style tweaking :

http://links.gunaxin.com/grub/the-ultimate-bacon-lovers-gift-guide/

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
    Nick likes this.
  17. angolanmade

And thoughts on video thumbnails showing up?

18. mabujo

mabujo Designer

Good catch Nick, I tested against 1.4.2 but was using an SVN plugins folder. Doh!

19. mabujo

mabujo Designer

Plugin updated to 1.2, allows the related post images to be click to take the user to the story and fixes a couple of errors.

Gunaxin likes this.
  20. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Hi Nick, Hi Mabujo,

I just installed 1.2 and noticed that if i set the height and width in the css to any figure less than 75, the second related post is not moved to a new line. It moves to a new line if the height/width are set to 75px though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011