1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove Tags And Don't Require Minimum Description Length

Discussion in 'Bookmarking Discussions and More' started by Blanc, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Blanc

Blanc New Member

Hi,

I just installed hotaru and it's amazing! I just want to make some changes. I want to do away with tags altogether, or at least make them optional.

And I want the option of just posting urls without any text. And no min char requirement for the text posts. How do I do this? Which plugin should I hack? Thanks!

2. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

Welcome.

To remove tags, I believe @shibuya246 recently added a checkbox in the submit plugin's admin panel. Just uncheck Tags Required.

To set the minimum length to 0, I believe you should be able to change the minimum characters of the description (also in the submit admin panel). Or, if you don't want the description at all, just uncheck the description checkbox.

shibuya246 likes this.
  3. Blanc

Blanc New Member

Thanks! Btw, any way to remove the ads?

4. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

You can copy the bookmark templates to your theme folder (whichever theme you are using) and then edit the file that has the ads from there.

Also, for text without urls I think that was also a setting in the bookmarking plugin you can select on and off

Pleased you are enjoying hotaru. If you can spread the word that would be great. More users will mean more time on improving things for all.

Thanks

5. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

Drat. I thought I answered this, but I don't see the post. See here.