1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roadmap Version 1.8

Discussion in 'RoadMap' started by shibuya246, Dec 11, 2014.

1. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

Starting a new thread here for discussion of v.1.8
    Anyone is welcome to add comments for any features or changes they want here

valMETNG likes this.
  2. shibuya246

for the ssl v plain http settings there are 2 files that need changing

libs/Paginator - line 104
    libs/PageHandling - line 87,151

3. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

Is this where you'd like to include potential bugs and small enhancements in 1.7 as well, or would you rather those in a new thread? Some of these might warrant some interim 1.7.x releases before 1.8. In the meantime, here are a few to consider.

- On installation step #1 (/install/index.php?step=1&action=install), when first arriving on the page, it shows the error "The database does not exist or the current connection settings are incorrect." You might not want an error on the first step if this is a new install.

- On installation step #2 (/install/index.php?step=2), there's a \n that shouldn't be there:

"No existing tables were found in the database

\n

Creating table: 'hotaru_blocked'..."

- On installation step #4 (/install/index.php?step=4), love the install top and secondary plugins. However, upon pressing each button, it showed a red warning icon (fa fa-warning) next to the plugin. That suggests something went wrong, but it wasn't clear what. After install, I checked the plugins and none were installed. So if something goes wrong, you might want to give a message at the time as to what happened. (I checked the error log and it was empty.)

- On the admin page (/admin_index.php), it appears the second message isn't properly aligned with the others:
    upload_2014-12-11_22-0-10.png

- On the admin page, it appears there is a navbar menu icon after the load averages without a menu (or it isn't working):
    upload_2014-12-11_22-0-48.png

-On the admin page, I'd suggest adding a link to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Load_(computing) for the system load averages in case there are questions as to what the 3 numbers are

shibuya246 likes this.
  4. shibuya246

they will be red if you are not logged in successfully as admin. sounds like that was the problem. this area is new so the messages are not clear yet. needs more work on the explanation side. if they are all red though it sounds like you were not logged in

5. shibuya246

yes, thanks. the right hand 3 bars was supposed to collapse the left hand sidebar menu, but it got left out

a link to load averages is a good idea.mine show 0.28 0.21 0.27 so your numbers of 7 and above are a bit worrying

6. shibuya246

yes, absolutely. the css styling needs to be finished on this

7. shibuya246

thanks. have fixed

valMETNG likes this.
  8. valMETNG

Yes, I'm sure it was. However, the error message showed as soon as I hit the page after clicking the New Installation button (rather than after doing something on the step #1 page). So it may give the impression to someone unfamiliar that there is a problem before even getting started. You might want to set a temporary variable as true when moving from install/index.php (after clicking the New Installation button) to step 1 and, if that variable isset and true, not show the error message.

9. shibuya246

ok, that is strange. they are not supposed to show until you press the "Install Top Recommended Plugins" button.
    This is how my page looks like when it first comes up

Attached Files:

10. valMETNG

I was a bit curious about this. I thought the high numbers might have something to do with being on a shared server but, even then, they didn't make sense (especially since I just moved to a more powerful hosting plan with far fewer people on my server).

11. valMETNG

This is what it looks like upon hitting the New Installation button:
    upload_2014-12-12_8-33-15.png

12. shibuya246

yes, they are interesting arent they. sometimes it is hard to find out where the bottlenecks are. is it database, is it code, is it server, is it bandwidth. On my own linux server Cpanel started showing these numbers in the WHM panel and I thought it would be a good idea to display them for us as well. The lower the number the better :)

but it does also depend on how many Cpus you have running. A number of 4 on a 4 cpu system means the machine is running at 100%. a number of 1 on a 2 cpu system means 50%, and a number of 0.05 on a 1 cpu system means 5%

http://www.howtogeek.com/194642/understanding-the-load-average-on-linux-and-other-unix-like-systems/

13. shibuya246

yes, that was by design but can be changed
    the connection strings havent been set yet and so we cant find the db which leads to the message

it can be changed to be positive rather than negative

14. valMETNG

I'm not too concerned with it at this point, given that I seem to be getting reasonable response time. (I assumed it didn't mean the load on my server was 700+% :) ) It's one of those many things that goes on the back-burner until it becomes an issue.

15. valMETNG

Right. That's what I figured. But as that will be the second page of anyone new to hotaru, seeing a red error message might lead to questions. So you might consider suppressing the message on the first go.

16. shibuya246

agreed

17. valMETNG

18. shibuya246

Carried forward from previous roadmap threads
    • Ability to put posts in draft prior to submission, currently this option doesn't exist, the user has to submit the post then changed it to pending/draft status. Also if a user is under moderation they cannot edit their post after it's been submitted.
    • Give users the option to deactivate or delete their account under the user profile.
    • Verified accounts/user
    • Ability to let different users or user groups see certain content and others not see it

valMETNG likes this.
  19. valMETNG

Shouldn't bookmarking/libs/BookmarkingFunctions.php end with ?> ?

20. valMETNG

On line 47 of bookmarking/templates/bookmarking_list.php, although I don't think it makes a difference, I believe there should be a semi-colon after $h->post->id.