1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roadmap Version 1.8

Discussion in 'RoadMap' started by shibuya246, Dec 11, 2014.

1. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

Well, I just tested it again and, even with the incorrect username and password, it updated from the forums just fine. I then went into the database and manually removed the username and password, tried again, and it still updated just fine. So I assume whatever forum login requirement you had is now turned off because I can't duplicate the problem.

2. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

That may need fixing

3. shibuya246

I
    its a session on the forum site set with curl so once you log in it should keep it until session ends even if you unsave password

4. shibuya246

If you have it set like the code above, you should be able to say

$this->globalfunctions = GlobalFunctions::instance(); // this will use an existing GlobalFunctions object or create a new one if not existing yet. Be careful that anything in the construct for this GlobalFunctions class will only run the first time the object is created

and then just

$this->globalfunctions->checkOtherCookie($this, $cookie_name);

or

return $this->globalfunctions->setSpecificCookie($this, $cookie_name, $cookie_duration, $duration_quantity, $cookie_value);

can be run without declaring the local copy of gloablfunctions

valMETNG likes this.
  5. shibuya246

in the default theme header.php file can you try changing

Code:
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="chrome=1" />
    to
    Code:
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1" />

6. valMETNG

Same warning. Again, I doubt it's an issue but thought I'd mention it.

7. shibuya246

thanks. just updating the save_posts plugin. Almost have it ready to go

8. shibuya246

I have updated this plugin but since I didnt write it originally wasnt sure about a few points

1. should everyone see everyone elses saved posts or can you only see your own?
    2. should you be able to delete the post from the saved list on the saved posts page or just from the widget?

I have added a dropdown menu hook in the top right and the "People" menu bar so posts_saved can add its link in for easy access. that will be in v1.7.1 of Hotaru

For now you can just manually go to http://SITENAME/saved-posts/user/USERNAME/ as before

Let me know whether this works and I will publish the plugin in forums resource area tomorrow

Attached Files:

9. valMETNG

Thanks. I'll try to test this later today, if I win the fight against the cookie problem I'm currently having.
    1. No, you should only be able to see your own saved posts.
    2. I didn't know (or remember) that there was a saved posts page. :) I show the saved posts in the widget. You should be able to delete them either from the widget or anywhere you have the pluginHood show_post_extras (i.e., around where the tags and flags are).

10. valMETNG

@shibuya246: would you do me a favor please? I think there might be a problem setting cookies, but I'm not sure. In my base build:
    1. When I go to a page without being logged in, a cookie is set for PHPSESSID, which seems correct.
    2. When I login, hotaru_user and hotaru_key don't appear to be set. Shouldn't they?
    Can you log into your base build and check if the cookies are being set for you? I didn't see them getting set at ipadrank either. I believe this is causing a problem after around 30 minutes (when the PHPSESSID expires?).

As an aside, I registered at ipadrank and it gave me a message that I would be getting a confirmation email. I didn't receive the email or confirm, yet I was still able to login. Wasn't sure if that's the way you set it up or if something wasn't working properly..

11. valMETNG

OK, it appears to be setting hotaru_key if you click remember. Otherwise, it does not set the cookie. Is there something that happens to the session after (I think) 30 minutes when a user is logged in but has not clicked 'remember' upon login?

12. valMETNG

Error's gone. Thanks. I would think that the 'x' icon in the widget should probably have some javascript to delete it (like under show_post_extra_fields). Otherwise, might want to change the icon to 'save'. Also, I found the comment "Not the cleanest way of getting to the root..." funny as I know someone told me this wasn't preferred. :)

13. valMETNG

Now I can't seem to replicate the error, so I'm not sure what's going on. Effectively, I was sometimes hitting refresh on a page and I would get an error indicating there was a redirect loop (I think it was a 500 error, but may be misremembering). So I think we can ignore this for now until I'm able to make it happen again.

14. valMETNG

Is there something the variable csrf on line 427 in activity/activity.php is supposed to be doing, because I don't see how it's used:
    Code:
    $csrf = $h->cage->get->testAlnum('csrf');

shibuya246 likes this.
  15. shibuya246

you are right. that can come out. not used. not needed

16. shibuya246

the "x" should be clickable and the js should be working. works on ipad. the css needs to put the hand icon on the x since its not a proper a href.

now thats the reminder I needed :) I will go back and fix it up. Much appreciated. The clean ways are better than the dirty ones. Just harder to rememeber

17. shibuya246

latest update for save_post
    if that seems to work then i will publish it out

Attached Files:

18. valMETNG

Almost there. The 'x' now deletes it properly. Thanks. However, when you click save, the javascript properly updates under the widget "Saved Posts," but without the 'x'. When you refresh the page, then the 'x' shows. (BTW, you might consider making the 'x' red.)

19. shibuya246

tried to do a bit with that, but the js needs more rework if that is going to happen.
    bit hard to rework all of the js for that at this time. maybe the original author might come back and give it a shot or i can take another look later.
    apart from that styling, all seems to be working good for now

valMETNG likes this.
  20. valMETNG

The problem I was having was not as a result of cookies. It was specific to my .htaccess file and that I'm using multiple development and testing environments.

shibuya246 likes this.