1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Share Your Site

Discussion in '"Your Site" Spotlight' started by shibuya246, Oct 19, 2014.

1. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

If you are new to Hotaru CMS or you have a site from "way back", please spotlight it here and join in the discussion. We love to take a look at sites people have created and talk with them about ideas :)

What's your Site?

2. narc

narc Well-Known Member

My website is : www.trendkraft.de

it is still running on hotaru 1.6b . the current versions only cause errors with me . they are also very slow. I had to rebuild a lot to use a newer version . so I 'm waiting for 1.7 . Perhaps all this is more stable and faster .

shibuya246 likes this.
  3. shibuya246

thanks. great to hear from you. yes, the code behind the scenes for 1.7 is quite a bit different for the db queries. I am cleaning up a lot of the libraries. I have been experimenting with different table joins for the main bookmarking post_list page. I havent got the right mix yet but am getting there. I was able to pick up some page speed by sorting out plugin hooks. Once I get that sorted out and things become cleaner I would like to dig back into some of the topics you mentioned before.

4. Gunaxin

Gunaxin Well-Known Member

My heavily modified Hotaru site is still kicking (on 1.4.1) and serving its purpose perfectly. I've debated working on updating, but kinda scared it will break everything, because it's been so long since I worked on it... and I don't follow proper modding procedures. The only thing I'd really like to add to it is Infinite Scrolling. I saw a plugin for that awhile back, but didn't have success when I tried to implement it.

http://links.gunaxin.com

shibuya246 likes this.
  5. shibuya246

Great to hear from you.
    I think a few people feel the same about updating. A lot of the changes recently have been to boost the admin side, but it is always possible a plugin or 2 gets missed out on testing which can lead to problems. I would be happy to test things for you if you need to on a dummy site. Maybe version 1.7 is worth waiting for though because it will bring quite a few performance benefits in the way queries and file cache are operated.

Admin Dashboard on v.1.6.x definitely worth having though as all plugin updates and searching for new plugins can be done direct from there.

Really good to hear your site is going well. Appreciate your viewpoints on how to keep things rolling

I think @valMETNG had some success with the infinity scroll. May have been modified from the original though. I will try to take another look as I work through version 1.7

Thanks

6. jiyath

jiyath Well-Known Member

My site : http://www.hotaru.tk/

I am upgraded to Hotaru 1.6.4 version. I am liked your new admin interface. But front interface want to more upgrades.

Any way thanks to shibuya246

shibuya246 likes this.
  7. shibuya246

looking very fresh and colorful there. seems to load nice and quick
    1.6.6 should improve a few things on admin as well without breaking your front end

Version 1.7 is looking good. Still working on a few more things before I ask for testers :)

jiyath likes this.
  8. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

Loading very quickly. This is a marked change from previous versions. Well done!

jiyath and shibuya246 like this.
  9. bale141

bale141 New Member

I like the HotaruFiltr theme. You also need to customize it with basic and important Plugins

10. irwanrohul

irwanrohul New Member

11. sereban

sereban Active Member

theme is broken

Attached Files:

12. robin007

robin007 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    shibuya246 likes this.
  13. robin007

robin007 Well-Known Member