1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shibuya 1.2

Simple but Effective

1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Nick submitted a new resource:

Shibuya - Shibuya

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
    tigefa and williamd like this.
  2. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Hi Nick, this theme looks like this sometimes. What could be the reason? Also, in chrome, the Submit Without a URL checkbox doesn't show up on the submit1 page.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  3. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

do you have a link to your site for this so i can check?

4. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Here's the LINK (story with 160 comments). Not exactly sure (as it happens randomly), but I've noticed that it generally happens with stories that have a lot of comments (that take a long time to load).

5. JonH

JonH Admin & Design

I'm not sure but it's a possibility some of the pages CSS isn't loading completely on huge pages like that due to the users browser timing out. That would explain the randomness of the problem. Digg used to do that but now they divided up the comments blocks of 100 or so and you load more via AJAX. I've also seen websites do that when I open several at the same time with Firefox and it almost locks up :eek: .

6. shibuya246

Shibuya Theme Version 1.1

This is the latest version for the shibuya theme. Apart from a few css cleanup changes, the main addition in this version is to allow you to easily change the banner color from the admin dashboard. If you are currently using the shibuya theme and upgrade to this version you will need to set your main banner color in the admin dashboard separately to the css files.

Edit: .zip file updated in first post.

nothingman likes this.
  7. penido

penido New Member

Look at this site
    mouse over the posts
    You have provided no theme applied Shibuya

8. ties

ties Theme & Plugin Development

what do you mean by

9. penido

penido New Member

I am Brazilian and I do not speak English use the translator google.

What I said can be applied in the theme Shibuya

Sorry

10. ties

im sorry still hard to understand, but i think what you mean is: if its possible to have the same mouseovers in the shibuya theme? well a lot is possible but it isn't always easy... a lot can be done with css, but some things require javascript and maybe even an edited version of a template

11. penido

penido New Member

You understand perfectly.

12. shibuya246

i hovered my mouse over the link for the posts, but it just changed the color to black. Is it supposed to do something else? I am making a few minor changes to the css for shibuya theme so if you let me know what you are looking for i can try to add it

13. Gunaxin

Gunaxin Well-Known Member

You just need to wrap your posts in the lists layout in a DIV, and then change the style of the DIV like this :

#name:hover {background:#eee;}

I did something similar here :

http://links.gunaxin.com/

14. Patrick

Patrick Active Member

I can't figure out this yui css. I am trying to make the sidebar wider to accommodate a 300x250 ad. The css file looks like such a mess cause I'm guessing it was compressed? Which percent do I change to make the sidebar a little wider. I figured out which one to make the main content a little narrower.

15. shibuya246

in the reset-fonts-grids.css file, near the top, change .yui-gc div.first, .yui-gd .yui-u { width:66%;} to something less than 66%
    in the same file, change {.yui-g, .yui-gb .yui-gb, .yui-gb .yui-gc, .yui-gb .yui-gd, .yui-gb .yui-ge, .yui-gb .yui-gf, .yui-gc .yui-u, .yui-gc .yui-g, .yui-gd .yui-u {margin-left:1.99%;width:32%;} to something more than 33%.

make sure the 2 add up to 99% and you should be ok

Patrick likes this.
  16. Patrick

Patrick Active Member

Thanks shibuya246, that worked. I had found the main content value but I couldn't find which of the many, many other values controlled the sidebar width. I read more about the YUI css and it seems pretty cool.

17. angolanmade

angolanmade Well-Known Member

I'm trying to increase the sidebar of this template to allow the insertion of 300 x 250 Rectangle Ad. I've gone ahead and added the width tag to the sidebar div in the style.css file which now makes it overlapse the overall site border. see attached image,

Code:
    #sidebar { padding: 1.0em; background-color: #f8f8f8; width:300px; }

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  18. shibuya246

Take a look at the code in the previous post. Did that not work?

19. knoli77

knoli77 New Member

Hello, I am a new in Hotaru cms that i found very interesting. That being said I want to say THANK YOU to all of you who contribute on this amazing social cms.

I had dowmnload Hotaru, with the base plugins and Shibuya template. I just wonder how to get post in the home page.http://seninfos.com

20. ties

you can use the index sort plugin or

knoli77 likes this.