1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Social Bookmarking Script As A Local Community Website

Discussion in 'Bookmarking Discussions and More' started by Jamesv, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Jamesv

Jamesv New Member

Hi everyone!

I'm building a website for my local city using HotaruCMS. I've tried Pligg but it seems Pligg has too many security flaws and is no longer being supported.

I think social bookmarking allows local communities to foster participation by actively encouraging people to submit things. Hyperlocal community websites have so far failed because they used the same old process of talking to people instead of talking with people. The old way is to tell people what the news is instead of asking what news is important to them. Social bookmarking can solve this by having community members actually participate. Everyone is a journalist!

It's amazing how so many applications that claim to be social are nothing more than one-way communicating tools. A true social website is one in which everyone has a small part to play in determining the news.

I hope to meet and network with people who are interested in using a script like HotaruCMS to build and foster real world local community news and information gathering.

shibuya246 likes this.
  2. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

Welcome.

3. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

Your project sounds great. Welcome aboard. Always motivating to have people building websites with a nice community vision. Let us know how you go with things