1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spam sent from server?

Discussion in 'Installation and General Troubleshooting' started by arne, Apr 18, 2012.

1. arne

arne New Member

Hi, thanks for the great support of Hotaru CMS.

I got suspended by my webhost for sending 40 e-mails from my domain in 1 minute. Could it be that there is some kind of exploit or bug somewhere in HCMS? I have only 9 users and personally approved of all of them. Is there some kind of activity log for checking if one of them has been sending, for instance, a lot of private messages or something?

2. PuckRobin

PuckRobin New Member

If there is a database error, Hotaru will try to send reports to the admin email. Otherwise, there should not be any auto emails in that frequency, or any auto emails at all.

Which primitive webhost is that by the way? Don't they provide the contents of the emails?

3. arne

arne New Member

I'm with 000webhost (the free version). Good suggestion, I've asked them if they'll give me at least the headers of the mails.

There weren't any e-mails sent to my admin address, so it's unclear to me what could have happened. Is it even possible that Hotaru sends so many e-mails if there's a database error? Since I'm in the process of updating the site and trying new things it's realistic that there could have been a db error.