1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subdomain installation issue

Discussion in 'Installation Specific Questions' started by rolleer, May 16, 2013.

1. rolleer

rolleer New Member

Hy everyone, i have a problem when i try to install in a subdomain. Here is ***
    Please anyone if you can help me.
    Thanks in advance

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  2. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

The subdomain should not be a problem there. Hotaru CMS is looking for the following file

home/caidevan/public_html/socialbookmark/install/../libs/extensions/Inspekt/Inspekt.php

which would translate to

home/caidevan/public_html/socialbookmark/libs/extensions/Inspekt/Inspekt.php

Can you check whether that file is actually there?

Also, what version are you trying to install?

thanks

3. rolleer

rolleer New Member

Hy, the file is there, i'm tried to install the 1.5.0 version

4. rolleer

rolleer New Member

Now i uploaded the RC1 version but the same problem

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Could it be your .htaccess file?

What does your .htaccess file look like?

6. shibuya246

Can you show me screenshot of your FTP or folder structure, showing the home/caidevan/public_html/socialbookmark/libs/extensions/Inspekt set of folder paths

7. shibuya246

Could it be that some hosts wont allow the
    Code:
    ?

home/caidevan/public_html/socialbookmark/install/../libs/extensions/Inspekt/Inspekt.php

8. shibuya246

Can you upload this file to your install folder and then run install again
    Although we havent had a problem with this before, I want to see whether this works as it is not using the .. notation

9. rolleer

rolleer New Member

can you help me with teamviewer?

10. rolleer

rolleer New Member

Hy, what file need to be uploaded?

11. shibuya246

Sorry, here is file
    Also, I left in a few lines to print to the screen. Can you screenshot those and show me. I want to see whether it is picking up the right folder

thanks

Attached Files:

12. shibuya246

yes, i can help with teamviewer
    can you private message me your number ?

13. shibuya246

Just to give everyone an update. The problem was not due to a subdomain, but down to 2 factors

1. somehow the server or ftp program had automatically converted all of the filenames to be lowercase. This meant the code (on linux it is case sensitive) could not find the files even though they were present. They appeared to be incorrectly named due to the case changing

2. Once we renamed a few files back to having capitals like Hotaru.php, we found a few errors come up objecting to the character \
    The \ character is used to distinguish namespaces in php from php5.3 onwards. Unfortunately this server was on 5.2.x
    I had set up a check block for this code to only allow php versions 5.3 to run it, but it seems that the php compiler is objecting to it being there even if it doesnt run the code.

I will have to either review having that code in the project at all or only limit the software to those with php 5.3 and above

A lot of host providers still run on old versions of php, but the 5.2.x are designated "end of life" by php itself and are no longer supported
    http://php.net/eol.php

Here are the current php versions
    http://jp1.php.net/downloads.php

Thanks rolleer for allowing me to take a look at your server. Hope you can get php upgraded and if we can find out more about the lowercase I would really like to hear about it.

Nick likes this.
  14. shibuya246