1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Submit 3.5

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Nick, Aug 1, 2009.

1. tanares

tanares New Member

submit was not found on this server.

when i am using hotarufiltr theme and i am going to submit new content i get this error message
    Not Found, was not found on this server.
    if i use other theme i can post fine.
    Can anyone help me pls ????

2. frytec

frytec Member

@tanares

edit the file /content/themes/hotarufiltr/widget_submit.php

Find in line 13: submit/

and Replace with: index.php?page=submit

You getting this error because this button is calling the submit using FRIENDLY URLS, wich is deactivated on your Hotaru.

Or you can activate friendly urls.

3. atddoug

atddoug New Member

New to Hotaru, latest version downloaded last week with default them, hosted by Godaddy.

I'm having trouble changing the submission setting for "Minutes before a user can submit another post". It won't take zero, keeps returning to 10 after save. I tried clearing all caches from the Maintenance page and changing the submission setting again but it won't budge from 10.

Just trying to test the external button but waiting 10 minutes between submissions is a pain ...

Thanks!

4. frytec

frytec Member

check the error log..

5. atddoug

atddoug New Member

I have debug mode on but the error_log.php file is empty. Is there another error log?

6. PuckRobin

PuckRobin New Member

7. atddoug

atddoug New Member

You mean for the empty error_log.php file? I don't think so. It doesn't seem related.

I don't get errors when I try to change the submission setting minutes, it just comes back as "10" no matter which value I enter and save. I'm trying to set the minutes to zero so I can test multiple posts from same site and I keep getting the message to wait.

8. atddoug

atddoug New Member

Any idea where the value is stored in the database, which table? I could just change it manually.

9. PuckRobin

PuckRobin New Member

No, I meant Godaddy servers have such a submission problem. Can you set any other setting there, e.g. daily limit?

The table name is pluginsettings BTW, but settings are saved in serialized form. Be careful while editing.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  10. atddoug

atddoug New Member

Ah, interesting ... I can set the max links, max posts and minutes to any value except zero and it saves the settings. Zero just reverts to the previous number setting. Now the max posts and minutes do say "(enter 0 for no limit)", so is that a bug?

For now, I can set minutes to "1" minute so I'll have to wait between test posts from the same site.

11. PuckRobin

PuckRobin New Member

atddoug likes this.
  12. atddoug

atddoug New Member

I saw that. The values were in double quotes so it seemed simple enough but when I tried changing the minutes from "10" to "0", then refreshed the hotaru submit settings page, all three values were zero! So I just set the minutes to "1" in the submit settings page and that's not too long to wait on tests.

13. atddoug

atddoug New Member

I guess that must be it.

Thanks for your help tonight!

14. gandiwor

gandiwor New Member

how to submit more quickly
    because my Hotaru site is running very slow process

15. PuckRobin

PuckRobin New Member

16. angolanmade

angolanmade Well-Known Member

It would AWESOME if this plugin had a scheduler that would allow users to schedule when their post should be published. This is standard with most CMS and would be a welcomed addition to Hotaru. Maybe, we need a separate plugin to accomplish this?

17. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

Do you mean regular members would schedule the submission, or admins would schedule it?

18. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

WP has this feature and if I remember correctly, it is only the Admins/mods who can schedule it. One scenario where it is useful is, when a site is suddenly flooded with too many posts (not spam, of course), the Admins/mods can schedule some posts to show up at a later time.

19. angolanmade

angolanmade Well-Known Member

Thinking out loud...just a thought how about renaming this plugin to "share"?

20. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

It's a fair suggestion, but the only people that see it are site admins so there's not much point. If you're talking about the "Submit" text in the navigation bar and elsewhere, well that can easily be changed in the language file.