1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tos Antispam 0.5

Tos Antispam

1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Nick submitted a new resource:

Tos Antispam - Tos Antispam

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
    dragon, apfind, druellae and 2 others like this.
  2. angolanmade

angolanmade Well-Known Member

Very nice feature, anti-spam on steroids.

3. carlo75

carlo75 Design & Development

Really good plugin! I like Agree TOS :)

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Updated: v.0.2 2010/04/02 - Nick - Fix for being able to skip the captcha question in post submission (quite an oversight, eh?)

5. scaza

scaza Active Member

Is it possible to put in a generic terms of service to be included with this plugin?
    I just put one in that I copied. But why not have a basic open-source TOS for people who don't have lawyers?

My other comment is that this seems to be serving 2 seperate functions. I'd like to be able to do the TOS without the security questions.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Okay scaza, this is where you edit the plugin, upload it with your changes and say "Hey guys! I made a TOS-only plugin with a generic TOS. Enjoy!" ;)

apfind likes this.
  7. scaza

scaza Active Member

Well...what kind of rights are there behind TOS'? I don't know much about that. Can I just take one I find on another piece of software are re-use by changing it to be specific to my site? If you provide it on the site do we need to add a disclaimer that it is their responsibility to make sure that the TOS meets their particular needs? A TOS for the TOS? I can upload it with a 'your TOS text here' if nothing else.

8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

apfind likes this.
  9. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I just realized something really dumb. Because this is multiple-choice, a spammer can simply try all the possible answers until he gets the right one! Doh! :eek:

I'll update this soon with an option to type in the answer instead.

10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Updated: v.0.3 2010/07/27 - Nick - Added a separate question for post submission, and an option to type in the answer instead of using multiple choice.

If you've edited the template or language file, please note that they have been updated in this version.

Edit: I've just installed this on my site and am really hopeful it will cut down on spam submissions. Whereas before, a spammer would only need to beat the same multiple-choice question on registration and post submission (easily done by trial and error), now, he would have to type in the answers to two different questions, one for registration and one for post submission. If he has no interest in my site's theme, he'll have to Google the answers or give up! Anyone interested in my site's theme should already know the answers or be keen to find them out! :cool:

Edit2: FYI, the checking of a typed answer is case insensitive.

11. agent314

agent314 Donor

How to wrap with url

Nick, I forgot how to add the link in PHP because of the double slashes... can you refresh so I can link to TOS

Thanks...

Jeff

12. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

You mean, like this?

PHP:
    $lang["tos_antispam_tos"] = "<a href='http://example.com/faq/'>I agree to the Terms of Service</a>"// wrap Terms and Conditions with an HTML link to your TOS

13. agent314

agent314 Donor

Thanks, Nick... I added it in but the phrase is not linking... here what my code looks like. I've x'd out some of the URL... you'll know it from my PM yesterday if you need to look...

Code:
    /* Registration / Submit Step 2 form */
    $lang["tos_antispam_tos"] = "<a href='http://guitarzaxxxxxx.com/tos/'>I agree to the Terms of Service</a>"; // wrap Terms and Conditions with an HTML link to your TOS  
    $lang["tos_antispam_select"] = "Please answer...";
    $lang['tos_antispam_tos_unchecked'] = "Please agree to our Terms of Service";
    $lang['tos_antispam_tos_wrong_answer'] = "You haven't answered the anti-spam question correctly";
    Should I be doing anything else? Thx,

Jeff

EDIT: Nevermind... cleared cache... all ok!!!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  14. dragon

dragon New Member

Where to find user_signin_register.php template

I have no idea where this file is located, can someone please point me in the right direction?
    Never mind, I found it! :) and it works fine!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  15. scrt

scrt New Member

Good read. Captcha makes it so hard for me to register and spammer can do. Asking a question whereby users need take time to google the answer right is a step in the right direction. May I suggest that the TOS file be link to the example for u are asking me to agree to what terms. Of course, u mention Hotaru TOS is an example with a disclaimer to get legal advise on wording.

I failed the Australia capital, thought it was Sydney. How about a question with a random color request for random color check-box. Please note the random color request changes for each try and the color boxes also change for each entry. This scenario is
    I also suggest the placement of the check-box be offset rather than be on a stagnant spot (offset by 5em) for automation tools.

Making it more difficult for tools, I can request for a checbox box with some logic for answer (circle green checkbox). Thus shape and color is required and these are universal questions that randomized on each try.

Random logic question with Random placement of shape and color with an offset (non stagnant cycle placement of shapes).

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  16. narc

narc Well-Known Member

has anyone tested the plugin with hotaru 1.5.x? it works for me unfortunately.

17. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

It works for me
    Does it work for you @narc?

18. narc

narc Well-Known Member

Unfortunately not. well if it works for you, I will look at me once. maybe I have an error somewhere.

19. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

Can you tell me what is not working ?

20. narc

narc Well-Known Member

when I go to the register page. it is simply not displayed. in the source code is not visible.

also looks at some of the recaptcha as strange. Here you can watch it for you. http://goo.gl/yE5PZ