1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Up Down Voting 1.0

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Nick, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Updated: v.0.4 2010/04/03 - Gunaxin - Fix for missing $undo variable (#1452)

@Gunaxin, Sorry about that. Thanks for the fix. :eek:

2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Updated: v.0.5 2010/04/04 - Nick - Fix for updating the post_pub_date field (no template or css changes necessary) (#1453).

3. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

Updated v.0.6 2010/05/05 - Nick - Fix for user id 0 assign to auto-vote when using AutoReader [Hotaru 1.2]

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Updated: v.0.7 2010/05/14 - Nick - Fix for auto-votes being assigned to the current user when cron runs AutoReader

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

UPdated: v.0.8 2010/05/17 - Nick - Fix for undefined variable [IMPORTANT FIX]

6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Guys, I'm ending my support for this plugin. It's too time consuming to update two vote plugins in parallel. Plus I really can't see why you'd want to use a plugin that keeps vote counts down. I mean, if 5 people like a post and 5 people don't, you'd have +5 if using the Vote plugin, but 0 if using this Up Down Voting plugin. Unless you've got Reddit-sized traffic, this plugin would just make your site look less active than it really is.... in my opinion.

If someone would like to maintain this plugin, that's great! Just follow the changes in the Vote plugin and apply them into this one. Let me know and I'll give you forum permissions to update the first post.

7. Shorel

Shorel New Member

Hello, I need this plugin, so I will try to make it work again.

Can you offer any help if I can't make it work ?

8. Anewuser

Anewuser New Member

i love this plugin ,
    can you please tell me how to create a style for it ?
    thanks

9. petsagouris

petsagouris Design & Development

In the plugin folder you'll find
    updown_voting/templates/updown_voting_button.php for the HTML
    updown_voting/templates/updown_voting.css for the CSS

10. Leka74

Leka74 New Member

Hello,
    I designed a few buttons with photoshop but for some reason the vote_up.gif is bugged. However if I hover on it, it will get fixed. And then when I remove the mouse from the vote_up.gif, it gets bugged again.

Here is a picture:
    [​IMG]

Hopefully someone can help me with this problem.
    Thanks

11. Leka74

Leka74 New Member

I just noticed that if I'm logged out then the vote_up picture works fine. Wierd.

12. mabujo

mabujo Designer

It's been a while since I used this plugin, but in the template there should be references to various button states - logged in and already voted, logged in and not voted, logged out and voted e.t.c.

Pay careful attention these states and test how they work. If you're stuck, the Yonda theme I made uses custom images for the buttons, so you can take a peek out how it works in that theme.

13. jerryisrockin

jerryisrockin New Member

Hi, I searched this thread, but didnt find the answer I was looking for. Is there a way to allow unregistered users to vote, without registering. Please help, I am trying to get more people voting and I think more people will vote if they are not required to register.

14. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Anonymous voting is in the Vote plugin, but not this Up Down Voting plugin.

15. krankdroid

krankdroid New Member

when not using description in admin settings, i think that it is this plug in that messes up alignment..

can that be fixed ?

16. sithburns

sithburns New Member

So no one supports this plugin anymore?

17. mabujo

mabujo Designer

I'll take it that you are volunteering?

18. sithburns

sithburns New Member

no, i need someone to support it, lol. Need the requirement of adding a comment whenever someone down votes actually? You want to do it if I pay you? :)

19. mabujo

mabujo Designer

Given that last time you offered money for a feature which I then implemented you didn't pay, no.

20. krankdroid

krankdroid New Member

well.. i would have just entered "burn"..

but that was too short..

:)