1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upcoming Theme: Bootaru

Discussion in 'Bookmarking Discussions and More' started by skorpyo, Apr 29, 2013.

1. skorpyo

skorpyo New Member

Okay guys, to break the ice to all saying that I don't deliver, you can see a live version of the upcoming premium theme for Hotaru CMS right from my development site ... enjoy and don't forget to visit regularly for live updates and to also give me some feedback about the progress.
    You can also suggest anything you'd like to see implemented on this theme.

Last edited: May 26, 2013
    carlo75, nothingman and shibuya246 like this.
  2. angolanmade

angolanmade Well-Known Member

Nice Name! Bootaru!

3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Looks really nice!

4. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

That's neat. As a suggestion, would be nice to have an option/instructions of having this screen area 'filled up'.

bootaru.jpg

5. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

In bootstrap this is the difference between

Code:
    <div class="container">

</div>

Code:
    <div class="container-fluid">

</div>

where fluid is 100% wide.

nothingman likes this.
  6. skorpyo

skorpyo New Member

If I wanted to fill those areas I would, but that is the theme design. I will implement a theme setting to let users change the theme width. Glad you like it...more updates soon...

nothingman and shibuya246 like this.
  7. suresh

suresh Moderator

looks clean from the screenshot, but can you make a theme like Digg website? It would be nice if their is such type of theme. anyway continue this theme also customize the space to place adverts easily.
    I had 4 sites on Hotaru, so might be using your themes.

8. skorpyo

skorpyo New Member

Why would you want to copy a website? Don't you want your website to be unique? I can do themes like Digg, but which one? The old v3, the v4 or the current one?

nothingman likes this.
  9. suresh

suresh Moderator

I didn't copied any website, they are for different countries. One is in German language and the rest is in English. I did first time on India domain so the traffic was coming only from India, then decided to do on US Europe countries.
    You might heard shetoldme dot com website and he is a friend of mine in sitepoint forums. at that time he told to start on other domain, but I didn't done since it is hard to maintain Drigg cms

For the theme I am thinking to see like the current one on Digg.
    I just checked V3 V4 and current theme it shows V3 might be useful. what do you say?
    http://www.redmondpie.com/8-reasons-why-the-new-digg-v4-totally-sucks/

Finish your theme.

Last edited: May 3, 2013