1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.4 Upgrading From 1.4.2 Directly To 1.7

Discussion in 'Installation Specific Questions' started by carlo75, Dec 16, 2014.

1. carlo75

carlo75 Design & Development

Hi all,
    I'm returning from a very large amount of time on this interesting project, because I'm just curious about new updates and the workaround made by shibuya246.

Now the question: I've some old HotaruCMS sites and I really want to know if now, is it possible to upgrade from 1.4.2 directly to last version? Have someone experienced some trouble on plugin or core upgrade?

I'm very curious on upgrading these production sites, but I'm also really scared about this step.
    Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance.
    Regards

shibuya246 likes this.
  2. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

The upgrade should work fine from 1.4.2 to 1.7

For the database side of things, the script steps through each version upgrade in order so it should run ok from 1.4 all the way up.

The major plugins were all upgraded

If anything you may have to review a couple of changes in your theme to make sure they take advantage of latest changes.

I would check against the default theme index , navigation, header and footer pages in particular

I am keen to help people upgrade so that we can all progress working on better versions as we go forward. I can help you upgrade via private message if you like and make sure we get it right. Let me know when you are ready and we will get it done :)

3. carlo75

Hi shibuya246,
    and thanks for you reply.

For some friend's site there's no problem, but some other "big" sites I prefer to try all on a local test, before go in production.

valMETNG and shibuya246 like this.
  4. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

Most certainly. I always make a backup before doing upgrade operations like this. Experience has taught me some hard lessons about being cautious. Glad to hear you're upgrading - lots of new and exciting things going on with the hotaru project.

shibuya246 likes this.
  5. carlo75

Ok first problem on local test site:

Fatal error: Class 'Submit' not found in C:\wamp\www\hnf2014\content\plugins\submit_light\submit_light.php on line 37

There are some problem with the class Submit...

shibuya246 likes this.
  6. shibuya246

yes, sorry. submit_light has not been updated yet. i can update it now and send you a zip

7. shibuya246

can you add this to the top of the submit_lite.php file

PHP:
    require_once('content/plugins/submit/submit.php');

8. carlo75

Thanks mate.
    All seems to work, there are a LOT of Notice, and Could not find advise, but upgrading is done (at least in local side).

I've disabled some troubled plugin via database, and now I'd like to solve the advise.
    Most are:

PHP:
    NoticeUndefined indexgravatar_settings in C:\wamp\www\hnf2014\content\plugins\gravatar\gravatar.php on line 140
    There are also these:

Could not find show_post_title function for vote
    Could not find show_post_extra_fields function for vote
    Could not find show_post_extras function for tags

I'm working on... update plugins... update plugins...
    Ok better.

In admin dashboard I see:

Could not find admin_theme_index_top function for widgets

Where is the problem?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  9. carlo75

Ok. Update completed.
    The worst problem in some themes I've made for friends are the following:

PHP:
    NOTICEUNDEFINED INDEXNAVIGATION IN C:\WAMP\WWW\HNF2014\CONTENT\PLUGINS\ACTIVITY\ACTIVITY.PHP ON LINE 495
    Notice
    Undefined indextags_setting_display_buttons in C:\wamp\www\hnf2014\content\plugins\tags\templates\tags.php on line 30

Any help will be appreciated ;-)

10. shibuya246

Can you check you have gravatar plugin with latest release.
    Also, if you are logged in when you upgrade you can refresh all plugins in upgrade step

Try flush the cache files from admin dashboard to fix those not found hook messages

11. shibuya246

I will check this.

12. shibuya246

Just needs either plugin uninstalled and installed, and then flush cache

carlo75 likes this.
  13. shibuya246