1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Upgrading] SQL Script to Uninstall Plugins from the Database?

Discussion in 'Installation Specific Questions' started by nothingman, Jun 15, 2013.

1. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Whenever there's a new version of HotaruCMS I create a subfolder, upload the files of the new version and then go about testing an upgrade on a cloned database of my 'live' site.

Now, I want to 'go for'/test an upgrade and not a new installation. As is mentioned in the steps of upgrading a site, the first step is to uninstall all plugins and then proceed. How do I go about testing an upgrade of an existing site without copying the files of the old version, overwrite them with the new one and then go about upgrading the site.

To keep it short: Too scared to test a new version on my 'live' site. I have files of the latest HotaruCMS version while the database is that of an old version BUT I'm not in a position to uninstall the plugins. How do I uninstall plugins from an existing HotaruCMS database?
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I really see the problem. You've got

a) Live site + your theme + Live database

b) Test site + copy of your theme + Cloned database

So if you want to test an upgrade, just uninstall the plugins on your test site (Plugin Management -> "Uninstall all plugins"), then upload the latest hotaru files to your test site and run the upgrade script.

If everything works, do the same on your live site.
  3. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

You uninstall the plugins in the admin dashboard, plugin management page. I think there is a button for Uninstall all plugins

Uninstall plugin just means deactivating it. It does not delete it from the folder and does not delete the settings from db