1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User Signin Plugin Update

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by shibuya246, Jun 4, 2013.

1. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

2 important plugins got an update just now
    The User Signin plugin and the Stop Spam plugin

Both of these plugins may need you to remove them from your installed list and then put them back in the list, although a simple on/off may be enough

http://forums.hotarucms.org/showthread.php?334-User-Signin-0-8
    http://forums.hotarucms.org/showthread.php?231-Stop-Spam-0-6

There is a known CSRF error message coming up on the user registration page. That is being looked at for. It doesnt affect the registration but it does not fixing so users dont get confused

Also, does anyone else get this message in their admin dashboard after they hit "check updates" and go to one of the plugins mentioned above (before you install the new version).

Auto updates is on its way.

Screen Shot 2013-06-05 at 2.46.22 AM.png

Also, if you go the Updates tab for plugin management after hitting the "check for updates" you should see a list like this

Screen Shot 2013-06-05 at 2.49.21 AM.png

I think some systems may allow for the update to work, other servers may not

More later :)

anhmjn likes this.
  2. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

I'm getting both the screen shots as mentioned. I wasn't aware that you have to click the Updates tab

So, a Suggestion: When I go click check updates from Admin Control Panel > Plugin Management, I get the message "The version numbers have been updated", does this imply that there's a new update available and that I have to click the Updates tab? I found this a bit confusing as I thought clicking check updates just updated the numbers and that was about it. So, I feel that other than just the message, "The version numbers have been updated", the user should be asked to click the Updates tab too.

Question: Can I now safely click the Update link to update the plugin or do I need to turn it off/uninstall it first? I think a friendly message is also needed here.

3. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

Try clicking the updates and see how it goes. It shouldnt break anything. Some servers dont allow direct writing of files and I am adding an FTP update to solve this

Re: wording and messages, yes it all needs some refining.

The process wont automatically update every plugin in one hit. It creates a list of those plugins that need updating and then you can choose which ones to update, so that if a problem occurs you can see where it was.

We have all been manually updating for 4 years on Hotaru CMS now so of course that still works 100% every time

4. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

It's neat!
    Looks like my server (godaddy) doesn't allow -> http://i.imgur.com/ZHWcZJM.png

5. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

I'm receiving these same error messages as well (e.g., "user-signin-0-8.zip file could not be found on plugin server", "There was an error trying to copy user-signin-0-8.zip").

6. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

valMETNG, as of now you need to manually download the file (plugin) and upload it to your FTP like we normally do.