1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User Signin 1.2

User login and registration

1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

User Signin
    Author: Nick Ramsay
    Created: 2009/07
    Plugins Required: None
    Supported: Yes

Description
    Provides user login and registration. Includes anti-spam features such as ReCaptcha and email validation.

Instructions
    1. Upload the "user_signin" folder to your plugins folder.
    2. Install it from Plugin Management in Admin.
    3. Edit settings in Admin -> User Signin

Revision History
    v.0.9 2014/10/01 - shibuya246 - form restyled for css3
    v.0.8 2013/05/03 - shibuya246 - Plugin hook updated
    v.0.7 2010/08/06 - Nick - Minor fix for & in urls when redirecting from login to submit step 2
    v.0.6 2010/04/27 - Nick - Fix for unnecessary ReCaptcha-related errors on the settings page
    v.0.5 2010/04/01 - Nick - Built-in reCaptcha removed in favor of separate reCaptcha plugin (template updated)
    v.0.4 2010/03/20 - Nick - Fix for emails when using SMTP email authentication
    v.0.3 2010/02/26 - Nick - New plugin hook in the registration form (#1245); mail sent through Hotaru's email function
    v.0.2 2010/02/23 - Nick - Throws out killspammed, banned or suspended users when checking the cookie
    v.0.1 2009/12/27 - Nick - Released first version

Please click "Rate Thread" and give this plugin a rating. Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    anhmjn, adriansonline and newbieone like this.
  2. davidshq

davidshq Member

ReCaptcha is the bomb!

3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Updated: v.0.2 2010/02/23 - Nick - Throws out killspammed, banned or suspended users when checking the cookie

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Updated: v.0.3 2010/02/26 - Nick - New plugin hook in the registration form (#1245); mail sent through Hotaru's email function.

5. angolanmade

angolanmade Well-Known Member

How do we re-direct a user to their profile page after a successfully login? I believe right now it redirects you the previous page.

6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

The correct way to do it would be to extend the plugin with the theme_index_top function. In that function, replace (lines 85-91?):

PHP:
    // success, return to front page, logged IN.
    $return $h->cage->post->testUri('return');
    if (
    $return) {

header("Location: " $return);
    } else {

header("Location: " BASEURL);
    }
    with

PHP:
    header("Location: " $h->url(array('page'=>'profile''user'=>$h->currentUser->name)));
    Note: This will not work for the RPX plugin.

angolanmade likes this.
  7. angolanmade

angolanmade Well-Known Member

I've attempted to move the user_signin.php file to the root of my theme folder for update purposes but this doesn't seem to work, only works if I add/replace the code in the original plug in file, which would get overwritten on the the next plugin update!

8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

You can only override templates, css, JavaScript and language files. If you want to edit the plugin itself, i.e. user_signin.php, you'll need to either extend it or make a replacement plugin.

9. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Updated: v.0.4 2010/03/20 - Nick - Fix for emails when using SMTP email authentication (requires Hotaru 1.1.3, no templates/css changes necessary)

10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

11. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

Updated v.0.6 2010/04/27 - Nick - Fix for unnecessary ReCaptcha-related errors on the settings page [Hotaru 1.2]

12. objective

objective New Member Donor

Reorder Fields

If you want to re order the sign in fields its just a matter of :
    1. Moving the "user_signin_register.php" from content/plugins/user_signin/templates to the root folder of your theme.
    2. Edit the "user_signin_register.php" file. At line 50 you will see blocks of php code surrounded be "<tr><td>" tags (about 5-7 lines). there is one block for username, 1 for password etc
    3. Cut the Block you want to reorder and place it where you want it.
    4 save it and ftp it to your site.

Background

I observed someone registering for my hotaru site and they were confused by the password field following the email field. i.e the thought they were being asked for their email password.
    I reordered it to ask for username, password, password confirmation and then the email address.
    Recaptya follows if you are using it.

result here
    register.png

Here is the modified file if you want it:

View attachment user_signin_register.php

Nick likes this.
  13. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Thanks objective. Just a side-note for anyone searching how to reorder fields on the post submission form (i.e. in the Submit plugin), the order of tags, categories and comment subscription is determined by the order of those plugins in Plugin Management.

14. agent314

agent314 Donor

Mulitple emails to admin on registration

I have User Signin set to:

Email Admins on All New users

I want to know this but it seems I'm getting 3 emails everytime someone registers...

One says "pending" and two say "member"...

Any way to control this? It would be nice to get one email that says someone registered.

Thanks,

Jeff

15. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Are you sure you're sending emails to just one user? Check under "When a new user registers, email admins, supermods and moderators with "access admin" permissions:..." in User Signin.

I suspect you are getting two emails, one when the user registers, and another when he approves his email.

16. agent314

agent314 Donor

Nick... I post below with some redactions... but essentially 3 mails all at 12:36 but I think that's because he responded immediately... the others have the second two emails coming at the same time... so I'm guessing that that the confirmation is generating 2 emails...

First email...

Code:
    Hi admin

A new user has registered at Eventzapoppin

User Name: MichaelThimm
    User Role: pending
    User Email: mct@sxxxxe.com
    User Account: http://eventzapoppin.com/index.php?page=account&user=MichaelThimm
    User Management: http://eventzapoppin.com/admin_index.php?search_value=MichaelThimm&plugin=user_manager&page=plugin_settings&type=search

Thank you,
    Eventzapoppin Admin
    Second...

Code:
    Hi admin

User Role: member
    User Management: http://eventzapoppin.com/admin_index.php?search_value=MichaelThimm&plugin=user_manager&page=plugin_settings&type=search

Thank you,
    Eventzapoppin Admin
    Third also at 12:36

Code:
    Hi admin

User Role: member

Thank you,
    Eventzapoppin Admin
    This has happened other times... same sequence...

Jeff

Nick likes this.
  17. carlo75

carlo75 Design & Development

Hi Nick,
    is it correct that User Signin plugin page is under How-To and Troubleshooting, and not Plugins Downloads?

18. agent314

agent314 Donor

BTW, I'm still getting 3 emails anytime someone registers... one for pending and 2 for member... can't figure out why. Does anyone else have that issue?

19. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Good catch! I've now moved it into Plugin Downloads. Thanks.

I'm afraid I consider this very low priority because a) emails are working (although too many), and b) I don't think many people use this feature because you can't easily tell from a user registration if it's a spammer or not. I set my users to "member" off the bat, but put their first post and comment into moderation and get emailed about that instead. That way you know for sure if they are honest or spamming. Maybe you could try that instead?

20. richrf

richrf New Member

I have mine set to notify since I want to keep track of new members. So far, it has been working correctly for me with one email. If there are problems when I go live, I will report them.

Rich