1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User Signin 1.2

User login and registration

1. sereban

sereban Active Member

I can not get the plugin to work user_signin 1.1. Drop-down menu the user is absent, only visible link to logout, if you disable the plugin user_signin exit link disappears and appears Debug & Admin drop-down menu.
    I copied user_signin_navigation.php template to the main plugin directory but nothing happens.

Attached Files:

2. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

It looks like you are logged in as admin

If you are logged in as admin and debug is on you should see the debug dropdown and admin link
    if you are logged in as user you should not see that

i think maybe your if {} else {} loops may not quite be lined up

Can you show me your code for the navbar, similar to lines 78-227 in default theme navigation.php ?

3. sereban

sereban Active Member

Maybe it's because Hotaru 152. I set before Hotaru 166 and it works, then I hooked plugin signin 1.1 to Hotaru 152 specially replaced navbar.php of Hotaru 166 theme, then I downloaded the default theme of Hotaru 166 in Hotaru 152 and received The same result. If you log on as a user the can see the admin drop down menu.

Attached Files:

4. sereban

sereban Active Member

Hotaru 166 also invisible profile drop-down menu.

Attached Files:

5. shibuya246

I am going to check here also

Are you sure that the user sereban does not have admin permissions ?

6. shibuya246

I checked this on my machine using a new user with no extra permissions. When they login they can see just the cog with profile dropdown. Logged out they get the admin link which goes to admin login and the login dropdown if user_signin is on

Attached Files:

7. sereban

sereban Active Member

In user_signin plugin may have errors. When I installed Hotaru 166 I saw the profile menu, after I installed all the required plug-ins profile menu disappears. Sometimes after successfully entering the username and password I get a redirect to the login page.

Attached Files:

8. shibuya246

I think there must be a mistake there in my script. I will look tonight and upload a navigation.php file for you to try in the default theme. Let me review the code first to make it a bit cleaner

9. shibuya246

The html could be tidier and maybe a separate file for this would be a good idea, but here is the replacement navigation.php you can use
    I may tidy this up more for v.1.7 if I have time.

10. shibuya246

Please try this instead of the one from yesterday

Attached Files:

11. sereban

sereban Active Member

Profile menu is visible to the administrator and the user. Only there is no link to register. Thank you!

Attached Files:

12. shibuya246

ok, I didnt check for a register link. I will look again

13. shibuya246

Please add this around line 212 on navigation.php file i uploaded and check it works

PHP:
    <li><a href='<?php echo $h->url(array('page'=>'register'), 'index');?>'><?php echo $h->lang("user_signin_register"); ?> </a></li>
    this <li> should come last after the dropdown menu before the closing brackets and else statement

I will upload another file shortly when i am back at pc

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  14. linkbaz

linkbaz New Member

15. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

16. shibuya246

I dont think the problem is the user signin plugin. That looks more like the activity plugin or post widget plugin maybe is the problem?

Can you go to your widgets page from admin dashboard and tell me which widget is on the top of the list with the green light on? That is the one with the problem

thanks

17. linkbaz

linkbaz New Member

All plugins have been installed.
    Screen shot of the active plugins.
    [​IMG]

18. linkbaz

linkbaz New Member

19. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

According to this picture, the plugins are not installed in the correct order. It's not clear what version you are using, but I would suggest uninstalling all plugins and then reinstalling in the order to which I referred in my previous post. I've had so many weird problem in the past due to plugins installed in the improper order.

20. shibuya246

Please drag the Bookmarking plugin to the top left of the plugins list

Please also click on the "check updates" button in the plugin management page and see if there are any plugins that need updating

This is either a plugin order issue or a plugin update required issue, or potentially a .htaccess issue but that is unlikely