1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

From the main part of the site they can click on their gravatar and it will take them to the user page where they can change their profile.
    or you can type into the browser window http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/user/myname/ where myname is the usersname

twine likes this.
  2. twine

twine New Member

K, I can get to the settings (stupid me I didn't have the gravatar plug in installed) but where in the settings can a user change their avatar?

3. shibuya246

the avatar comes from gravatar. so they have to go to http://gravatar.com to change it or change the email registration on your site to a different gravatar account.

Nick likes this.
  4. shibuya246

5. squidy21

squidy21 Active Member

I have problems with this plugin on my site
    How to fix it?

6. shibuya246

Could you try the following

in admin panel
    1. deactivtate the user plugin
    2. reactivate the user plugin

if not, try deleting language cache once

squidy21 likes this.
  7. squidy21

squidy21 Active Member

ok thank. i try it.:D

8. robin007

robin007 Well-Known Member

I have added in profile page following
    join date, last visit, full name, and more options.
    working fine.

but i am receiving this error log:

[10-Mar-2018 18:15:27 Asia/Calcutta] PHP Notice: Undefined index: name in /home/tamilaru/public_html/content/plugins/users/templates/users_profile.php on line 49
    [10-Mar-2018 18:15:27 Asia/Calcutta] PHP Notice: Undefined index: location in /home/tamilaru/public_html/content/plugins/users/templates/users_profile.php on line 50
    [10-Mar-2018 18:15:27 Asia/Calcutta] PHP Notice: Undefined index: category in /home/tamilaru/public_html/content/plugins/users/templates/users_profile.php on line 51
    [10-Mar-2018 18:15:27 Asia/Calcutta] PHP Notice: Undefined index: website in /home/tamilaru/public_html/content/plugins/users/templates/users_profile.php on line 52
    [10-Mar-2018 18:15:27 Asia/Calcutta] PHP Notice: Undefined index: website in /home/tamilaru/public_html/content/plugins/users/templates/users_profile.php on line 52

I have added user_profile.php and user_edit_profile.php with this message.

Attached Files:

9. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

The errors occur because those fields are not in the $profile variable ($profile['name'], $profile['location'], etc.) when you display them. If it's only happening for certain users, that means you are assigning the data to the variables correctly when the data is there but, if it isn't, the variables aren't defined. You effectively need something like line 34 in users_profile.php, as this assigns a default value when the variable isn't set. So, for example, you could add this code after line 34:
    Code:
    $profile_variables = array('name', 'location', 'category', 'website');
    foreach ($profile_variables as $profile_var)
      { if (!isset($profile[$profile_var])) { $profile[$profile_var] = ''; } }
    Something like this will assign those variables blanks when they aren't define.

10. robin007

robin007 Well-Known Member

now i received this error

[10-Mar-2018 21:06:59 Asia/Calcutta] PHP Notice: Undefined index: name in /home/tamilaru/public_html/content/plugins/users/templates/users_edit_profile.php on line 63
    [10-Mar-2018 21:06:59 Asia/Calcutta] PHP Notice: Undefined index: location in /home/tamilaru/public_html/content/plugins/users/templates/users_edit_profile.php on line 64
    [10-Mar-2018 21:06:59 Asia/Calcutta] PHP Notice: Undefined index: category in /home/tamilaru/public_html/content/plugins/users/templates/users_edit_profile.php on line 68
    [10-Mar-2018 21:06:59 Asia/Calcutta] PHP Notice: Undefined index: website in /home/tamilaru/public_html/content/plugins/users/templates/users_edit_profile.php on line 79

11. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

Effectively, that's the same problem. Instead of the code I posted earlier, to make sure those profile fields always exist, you'll probably want to add the following to line 163 of plugins\users\users.php:

Code:
    $profile_variables = array('name', 'location', 'category', 'website');
    foreach ($profile_variables as $profile_var)
      { if (!isset($h->vars['profile'][$profile_var])) { $h->vars['profile'][$profile_var] = ''; } }
    I haven't tested but that may work.

robin007 likes this.