1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UTF8 Problem with Persian Language

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrading and Troubleshooting' started by pinocchio, Jan 12, 2012.

1. pinocchio

pinocchio New Member

Hi guys I got a problem plz some1 help me ! I have installed Hotaru and translated that in Persian. everything is ok but categories font ! it doesn't show the letters correctly ! spce and some Persian characters r failed ,for example . plz plz plz some1 help me ! one Persian website has solved this problem but they don't answer my question ! plz some1 help me . by the way I set collation to utf8 Persian ci but still the same problem !!!!

Thanx in advance for any help

2. mik

mik New Member

Open languages files only with Notepad ++ and changed encoding of UTF-8 (without BOM).

pinocchio likes this.
  3. pinocchio

pinocchio New Member

there's a misunderstanding ! I ddn't mean the language files ! I mean the category names !on the category bar ! I pm u my domain plz do me a favor and take a look . Thanx for reply

4. pinocchio

pinocchio New Member

any1 else can help ?

5. PuckRobin

PuckRobin New Member

mik's advice is correct. First of all be sure that your files are all UTF-8 without BOM (not ANSI).

If this doesn't work connect to the DB with phpmyadmin and change all the table collation values to utf 8 Persian using SQL tab.

Google for "mysql ALTER DATABASE collation" for the correct syntax.

pinocchio likes this.
  6. pinocchio

pinocchio New Member

Thanx a lot my friend

the problem is that everything is working right ! all plugins !!!! just the category plugin makes this problem ! I set the collation of category table to utf 8 persian ci ! I can't understand why this happens ! another Persian website has solved this problem and is live . I'll pm u the address u may check that 1 too .

once again thank u so much

7. PuckRobin

PuckRobin New Member

Sorry but it is not possible to solve this just visiting an example website. We need to see its database and coding.

This is not a Hotaru specific problem. Maybe you'd rather take advise from your local developers. For example, a Wordpress developer who had managed to adapt Wordpress into Persian will help, because both Hotaru and Wordpress are using the same logic.

pinocchio likes this.
  8. pinocchio

pinocchio New Member

Thanx dear PuckRobin . I'll ask local developers too