1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vote 2.3 2.5

Let users vote for posts

1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Nick submitted a new resource:

Vote 2.3 - Vote 2.3

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
    zigstonk, skorpyo and davidshq like this.
  2. newbieone

newbieone New Member

Hi nick using vote simple all is well however I have set the limit for the amount of votes before a post makes the front page to 2 and nothing shows up. So I set it to 5 (the default) and this has done nothing either.

Effectively the landing page for my site has no content (posts) unless you click on upcoming or latest.

I have not made any changes to the vote simple plug in but it just wont show posts in the popular section even though some have over 5 votes.

Any ideas dude?

3. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

newbieone, when you set the limit for the amount of votes before a post makes the front page to 2, it basically means that the story should have received 2 votes. If you have selected the 'Automatically vote for a story you submit" check box in the admin panel (for Simple voting), try registering as a new user and give 'that' a story as another user (which would increase the vote count of that story to 2). That should 'make' the story hit the front page.

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Confirmed bug. I'll have this fixed soon.

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

This fix will be in version 0.9. In the meantime, you can fix it by opening vote_simple_functions.php and changing:

PHP:
    $sql_deadline date('YmdHis'strtotime($front_page_deadline)); // should be negative
    to

PHP:
    $sql_deadline date('Y-m-d H:i:s'strtotime($front_page_deadline)); // should be negative

6. newbieone

newbieone New Member

As always Nick, your a star works perfectly now.

Ta Muchly.

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Updated: v.1.4 2010/02/23 - Nick - Removed showMessages() function call because it's in SB Base 0.4

8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Updated: v.1.5 2010/03/28 - Nick - Updates the new post_pub_date field in Hotaru 1.1.4 when a story is promoted

Thanks to Gunaxin Links for making these customizations available to the community.

9. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Updated: v.1.6 2010/04/04 - Nick - Fix for updating the post_pub_date field (no template or css changes necessary) (#1453).

This is a critical fix. Please upgrade or your post_pub_date field will not get updated.

10. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

Updated v.1.7 2010/05/05 - Nick - Fix for user id 0 assign to auto-vote when using RSS AutoReader [Hotaru 1.2]

11. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Updated: v.1.8 2010/05/14 - Nick - Fix for auto-votes being assigned to the current user when cron runs AutoReader

12. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Updated: v.1.9 2010/05/17 - Nick - Fix for undefined variable [IMPORTANT FIX]

13. php101

php101 New Member

Hi, can vote 2 be mod to do; show +pos and -neg and vote +pos or -neg?

14. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

15. php101

php101 New Member

something like that... however both +pos and -neg votes are shown... any idea or mod the up down vote... i am very new at this cms... still figuring out things...

16. skorpyo

skorpyo Well-Known Member

could it be possible to let anonymous users vote?

17. shibuya246

Thanks for joining up on bloggertools.net Good to see people getting involved.
    When you say anonymous voting, do you care about duplicate votes or do you intent to block them by saving the IP address and only allowing 1 vote from that location. Depending on that, the work required is quite different.

skorpyo likes this.
  18. skorpyo

skorpyo Well-Known Member

I just need to let the unregistered users to vote...thats it...like the registered do.
    Pligg has this feature. Anonymous voting...and I do care about duplicates...and I would intend to have only one vote per IP if possible. Thanks for the fast reply.

PS: No problem with the registration, I always like to help...

19. shibuya246

I have never used pligg so it is hard for me to understand exactly what is required.

I guess you want to save the IP address of the user who voted on a particular post and not allow them to vote on that post again. How do comments work for that or are you not bothered?

20. shibuya246

Please try this out. I have tested it only on 1 site and think it works, but need someone to test it properly before I can release it as a new completed version.

You will have to unzip the files into your plugin folder replacing the existing Vote plugin. Probably you need to deactivate and reactivate the plugin then also clear your language cache to make sure the new features work.

I have enabled a checkbox in admin settings for allowing anonymous voting, then it will check your IP address and determine whether someone already voted from that ip address as an anoymous user. It will allow logged in users from the same IP to also vote. If your users are sneaky they could vote once logged in and once logged out, but you can only keep an eye on so much :)

Please let me know if this seems to work. If so I will release as a final version and change the version number to 2.1

Attached Files: