1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We hope you're Safe

Discussion in 'Bookmarking Discussions and More' started by Gunaxin, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Gunaxin

Gunaxin Well-Known Member

For our Japanese friends here at the Hotaru project, we're thinking about you, and hope that you and your families are safe.

carlo75, Nick, Eric and 2 others like this.
  2. WimTibackx

WimTibackx New Member

I can only join Gunaxin in hoping you are all safe and well. The images we see look horrible.. I can't even imagine how horrible and frightning it must be over there. I really hope you all are safe.

3. objective

objective New Member Donor

Best wishes to all going through this. Events like this make us all pause and realize whats really important.

4. seekyt

seekyt Donor Donor

My thoughts are with you and your families, and I hope you are all safe and well. Best wishes and good luck during this crisis.

5. scrt

scrt New Member

Just got back home after helping a friend with melting ice flooding the basement.. Nothing compares with destruction in Japan. Crazy weather patterns. Rain snow and vice versa, lots, for this week; not to mention unheard states getting snow. And upon opening my computer, shock to hear about the 10m tsunami and 9.0 earthquake. I share the same sentiment with above.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Thanks all. I live in central Japan so am far away from the devastation. Alan and Jason live in Tokyo, but they are both fine, too.

It's a terrible, terrible tragedy.

7. angolanmade

angolanmade Well-Known Member

Hope all gets better pretty quick.

8. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

The first thought after I heard the news was "How far is Kakamigahara from the epicenter?" and realized it was not affected. Never knew that Alan and Jason live in Japan too - glad to hear that you are all fine.

9. krankdroid

krankdroid New Member

came here to write just that..

( topic )

take care.. glad to hear you are well..

10. norby500

norby500 New Member Donor

stay safe everybody in or around the surrounding area's of the terrible mishaps. all the best

11. scrt

scrt New Member

Japan is very good at planning and thought the reactors can be maintained. I was surprise to learn about the various explosion. And concern for Ces*um and iodine radiation. It is mention that iodine tablet can reduce the body absorption of radioactive iodine. Too bad we have to learn from our mistake. If only the back-up generator were on the roof to have a chance against the water flooding and to be operational. Battery back-up can only last so much. Helicopter sea-water is not on target due to wind. Pilots are sacrificing themselves, radiation, to avoid a meltdown and to save the people.

Let hope and pray that this info is wrong since he uses pass event theory.
    http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-03-tokyo-massive-aftershock-expert-video.html

In my haste to mention, iodine tablet. There is a warning. Only needed, short duration usage.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42135438/ns/health-health_care/

Mar 18, current concern are rod meltdown. It has to be cool for it is that hot. If not cool to a certain level, it explodes; this scattering itself, radioactive material. Have feeling those rods are always hot. Decay life and thus need to be in a pool. Pool needs to be circulated or water evaporates and thus no water to cool. I am speaking from a layman term for I am concern about my friends in Japan. And sharing what I learn. tx

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  12. louis

louis New Member

Same here...

Nick glad to hear everyone is OK. This is a terrible tragedy.

13. carlo75

carlo75 Design & Development

Hi to all, my best wishes also for other Hotaru Japan people staff!