1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's the link to my profile?

Discussion in 'Installation and General Troubleshooting' started by nothingman, Nov 19, 2009.

1. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Ok, dumb question Where is the link to edit my profile? When I click my username on the header, this is all I see :(
    [​IMG]

2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

That screenshot's not from the latest version. If you're working from the SVN trunk, you should update to the latest version (at least #633), run the /install/upgrade.php script, reinstall all relevant plugins, clear your caches and reload the page.

It's a tough life being a tester! ;)

3. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Here's what I did. I used tortoise svn, updated and uploaded the files. Uninstalled/reinstalled all the plugins, cleared the cache. Logged out as an admin and logged in as a normal user. The only difference I found was the gravatar visible next to my username on the header. Clicking my username showed me the same page (didn't find any options to edit my profile or add details :( )

[​IMG]

--------------------
    EDIT: I've updated the edit_profile.php and profile.php files and added example extra fields as instructed HERE. :-|

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Those square brackets around "Account" were removed in revision #621.

If you've updated to a later revision than that, then I can only think that you might have moved the user_tabs.php template from the Users plugin to your theme folder at some point. That old file would override the new one.

Is anybody else experiencing the same problem as nothingman?

5. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Thanks. Here's what I see now. Clicking on Edit test: takes me to the User Account and Change Password page. And when I click on Account (the link below Edit test:), it takes me to the same account. No options to edit my Bio/Website etc :confused:

[​IMG]

6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

- Check the source, perhaps the links are there, but it's not picking up the language file?
    - Attach your user_tabs.php file here so I can take a look.

Thanks.

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I've signed up on your test site and checked the links and source. The links are in the source and all point to the right places. The issue seems to be with the css and language files. Check you've not got old files, css or language rules in your theme folder overriding the latest updates.

8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

The errors you're getting on your site now about TABLE_MISCDATA are because you need to update your hotaru_settings.php file with the new line that was added to hotaru_settings_default.php in revision #628.

PHP:
    define("TABLE_MISCDATA"DB_PREFIX "miscdata");
    Otherwise, I can see the profile and settings links now, so that's good!

9. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Got it! Now here's what I get after a fresh install (after clicking the Get Started button).

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <server path>/libs/PluginFunctions.php on line 871

[​IMG]
    ----
    EDIT: The above Warning message didn't turn up after I installed the Users plugin. BTW, even with the above Warning message, when I deliberately clicked the Admin link and tried to install the plugins, I was prompted to login.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
    Nick likes this.
  10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

After updating hotaru_settings.php with that line about the misc_data table, you need to run the main /install/upgrade.php script. That will put the default permissions in the new table and (fingers crossed) you won't see that warning or the login page again.

Edit: Sorry, I missed where you said you did a fresh install. I haven't done a fresh install yet, but will try later. I'll let you know if I have the same problem and if I can find a fix.

11. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Okay, update to revision #638 and reinstall again from /install/install.php. Should be okay now!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
    nothingman likes this.
  12. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Thanks for all the help :)

13. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

No, no, thank you for testing! :)