1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Nick submitted a new resource:

Widgets - Widgets

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
    skorpyo and davidshq like this.
  2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Updated: v.0.8 2010/03/04 - Nick - Wrapped "widget_head" and "widget_body" in a "widget" div - necessary if you want to align widgets side-by-side.

3. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

Updated v.0.9 2010/04/14 - Nick - singleWidget function for calling individual widgets [Hotaru 1.2]

4. skorpyo

skorpyo Well-Known Member

sorry but I can't seem to move some of my widgets up or even down...I don't know whats wrong?!

EDIT: I just deleted the widget settings and works now...sorry for posting...

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  5. petsagouris

petsagouris Design & Development

Nick likes this.
  6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Thank you. I'll implement them in the next version. :)

7. richrf

richrf New Member

Hi,

The Comment widget will move to position 1 or position 2 but not lower. Likewise, I cannot move any widget above the Comment widget, e.g. the Text widget. Is this appropriate behavior (I want the Text widget to be below the Search widget) or is there something I am doing wrong? Thanks for the help.

Rich

8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

This is some kind of random bug I haven't been able to pinpoint. If you go to Admin -> Maintenance and click "Remove Widgets Settings", it will reset them and you should be able to move them around again.

9. richrf

richrf New Member

Yes, that worked. I wish I can help you pinpoint when the problem developed but I can't. I will be on the lookout and if I can give you the series of events that produces the bug, I will let you know. Thanks again,

Rich

Nick likes this.
  10. angolanmade

angolanmade Well-Known Member

One suggestion, would be possible for this plugin to offer the same ability to drag drop widgets (similar to the plugin management) The process of moving widgets up and down is frustrating and long, specially when you have to several text widgets.

11. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

How many widgets do you use, how long does it take you to rearrange them, and how often do you need to rearrange them?

12. angolanmade

angolanmade Well-Known Member

Hey Nick,

Thanks for the reply. Currently have about 10+ widgets running
    Text widgets also start at the bottom, making it time consuming if you want to move the ahead upwards.
    As for how often this happens, its not frequently but i had to remove the widgets and text settings multiple and once you repeat that boring process it makes you cry for help.:rolleyes:

13. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

This is a very good suggestion indeed. It's a pain moving the widgets up and down.

shibuya246 likes this.
  14. robin007

robin007 Well-Known Member

Widget read how link not work.
    Widget Tips

? Once you've set up multiple blocks (read how), you can move the last plugin in a block to the next one by clicking the down arrow. Try it!

shibuya246 likes this.
  15. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin