1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wondering: Language architecture, v2.0, plugin-theme forums

Discussion in 'Bookmarking Discussions and More' started by WimTibackx, Jan 3, 2011.

1. WimTibackx

WimTibackx New Member

Hi all,

First of all, I didn't really see this post fitting into How-to and troubleshooting, so I put it here, hope you don't mind.

I'm quite new to Hotaru (but developing with it is going nicely, so far) and I had a few questions.
    1. I think the language architecture is rather strange (I might be missing historical reasons for this). Wouldn't it be more logical to have a language code as a second part of the file name of a language file (and with that supporting multiple languages at once, allowing for multi-language websites and plugins to ship with a number of different languages at once). I know this could be archieved by shipping such files next to the normal _language.php file and then including the right one, depending on the language, but that seems quite a roundabout way to do it...
    2. I was browsing svn the other day and noticed that 2.0b mentions Kohana, if not using it (http://my-svn.assembla.com/svn/HotaruCMS/branches/2.0b/index.php). Will v2.0 use Kohana and if so, why?
    3. I was wondering (though a simple answer might be lack of development time or no need to) why plugins and themes are posted via the forum and not via a custom Hotaru plugin on the main website. Is there a specific reason for this, other then the ones I mentioned?

I hope you don't mind my questions.

2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Hi Wim, welcome to Hotaru.

1. It could have been done that way I suppose.
    2. No. It was just a brief experiment.
    3. The "main site" used to be these forums.

WimTibackx likes this.