1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yahoo User Interface Library - New Version

Discussion in 'Bookmarking Discussions and More' started by Nick, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Just noticed Yahoo have release YUI 3. We may need to look at the new YUI Grids to see if they should replace the ones we're currently using.

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/3/

2. rushnp774

rushnp774 New Member

YUI is hot stuff. I looked at it a bit while researching JS libraries for a C# project I was working on a while back (mainly for the jQuery accordion).

Do you have a link to the YUI 3 grids that you're talking about? I can't seem to find them. The 2.0 grids looked to be pretty fantastic several months ago (too bad I didn't need that functionality), so if anything has improved in them, I'm sure they'd be a fantastic switch.

Which grids do you use now?

3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I've never really gotten my head around YUI. It's quite overwhelming if you're in a hurry. At the moment, you can find the reset-fonts-grids.css file in Hotaru's /libs/extensions/YUI-CSS/ . I'd imagine they are the same in YUI 3. You can see them with the link above under "CSS RESOURCES"

4. rushnp774

rushnp774 New Member

I tried looking at the reset-fonts-grid.css you mentioned, but can't make any sense of it because I can't find a program to open it up with any kind of proper formatting. Dreamweaver shows it as one huge block of text, and Notepad/Wordpad/Firefox show the CSS as one long line.

Oh well, I'd say right now that since the grids you have now are working smoothly (at least for me), there's no sense in trying to upgrade. If you have some kind of feature/bug tracking/wishlist system in place, you may want to put "look into YUI 3 grids" as a very low priority item that can be tackled at some other time.