1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mabujo

mabujo Designer

mabujo submitted a new resource:

Yonda - Yonda

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
  2. carlo75

carlo75 Design & Development

Good reddit style ;-)

3. blinkky

blinkky New Member

I like the reddit style...Simple =)

4. rushnp774

rushnp774 New Member

Thanks a ton! Great to have another designer on board.

5. bejotenan

bejotenan New Member

6. mabujo

mabujo Designer

It's quite a simple design, I'm not a big fan of the style but I can make something like it if there is interest. i'll put it on my to-do list.

bejotenan likes this.
  7. bejotenan

bejotenan New Member

ok sir, it's great if the themes i listed above come true. :)

8. norby500

norby500 New Member Donor

awesome theme, i might be using this one myself

9. epoch

epoch New Member

great theme...keep it coming

10. norby500

look forward to the next version...maybe making it even more like the reddit.com theme and maybe a good digg theme would be awesome, love this theme ALOT

11. mabujo

mabujo Designer

I've just uploaded Yonda v 1.1 which updates the theme to work with the latest versions of Hotaru and adds some styling to login and register pages.

Let me know if you have any problems with the theme.

--------------------------------------------------------

Unrelated :

Not sure what is going on with old attachment filenames on the forum, they are showing up like
    to me which is certainly odd. Then I realised the numbers appear to be ASCII character codes, which is fun. I vote don't fix it :D

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
    Nick likes this.
  12. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Thanks mabujo, this is a popular theme!

The funny file names started after I upgraded the forums recently to vBulletin 4.0.5. We are not alone. :rolleyes:

13. norby500

thanks for taking my suggestions on board, real nice touch...do you have any other suggestions for this theme? is there any other functions in reddit.com that this doesn't have? i really really like the java/ajax drop down menu on www.dafont.com , really nice extra space for people :)

14. mabujo

mabujo Designer

Norby,
    There's a problem with comment replying/padding in theme that I intend to fix in the next version, also some padding on profile pages e.t.c. but that's about it for this theme.
    I couldn't find a drop down menu on the site you linked ???

15. norby500

my bad, go to www.fontspace.com and press browse to see the functionality...would be cool in a layout, not specifically this one? really like this design and it'll be nice to see it completed :)

16. mabujo

mabujo Designer

Ok that slide-down is actually really easy to do with jQuery. I don't think it would fit in the Yonda theme; because this theme is full-width it would look a bit strange in my opinion.

I'll keep it in mind for future themes though, what content would you expect to see in the drop-down though?

ironpipe likes this.
  17. ironpipe

ironpipe New Member

Hi Mabujo, thanks for the wonderful reddit style them.

I wanted to file a bug report, of sorts, in that Hotaru 1.4.1 does nothing when you click on "edit" or "reply" to a comment while using Yonda. The vote tally for comments also appears above the up arrow with a score of 0 inside the arrows. I wish I had the knowledge to make the necessary fixes but it's beyond my abilities at this time.

Thanks again for you splendid themes and contributions.

18. mabujo

mabujo Designer

ironpipe, thanks for your bug report.
    I was aware of the reply button problem and have been meaning to create an update for this theme to fix it. A bit busy at the moment but I will try to get the update out soon.

19. mabujo

mabujo Designer

I've just uploaded v1.2 of Yonda theme which fixes the problem with the edit and reply links for comments.
    I also added some padding to the left column and reduced the size of some headings to make it all look a bit neater.

If you test the new version, I'd love to hear how it works out for you.

Nick and ironpipe like this.
  20. ironpipe

ironpipe New Member

That did the trick Mabujo.

Yonda v1.2 works 100% with all users tested and looks great too.

Thanks for taking the time out to address this, and in such a hasty manner, it speaks volumes about the quality of the Hotaru community.

mabujo likes this.