1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mabujo

mabujo Designer

Thanks ironpipe, good to hear and I'm glad you like the theme :)

Terko likes this.
  2. Jojo

Jojo New Member

CSS issues

Hi mabujo,

this is a really great design.

Just to let you know there a some issue I'Ve found.

1. If you compare the design in Firefox and Inet Explorer for example with padding in the ".sort_menu"

2. If you submit posts with different number of charatercs like one lines or four lines in the description the list page is messed up in firefox while it works in inet explorer.

3. Another small one on the displaying posts page "submitted yonda 60 days ago by to Sport "

4. Some posts cannot be edited.

Greatings,
    Jojo

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  3. norby500

norby500 New Member Donor

haven't been around here in a while, brilliant design and like the fact your updating this :D LOVELY

4. norby500

is there going to be another update on this theme?

5. krankdroid

krankdroid New Member

hi all

i seem to be having a problem..

at first i installed hotaru cms 1.4.2. and then just added the theme.. and there was up and down button..
    but after installing the basic plugin pack, the up and down arrows are gone.. i tried re-installing 1.4.2. and the theme and still nothing..
    i tried not installing the vote plugin, and that didnt help either..

someone has an idea of why ?

6. krankdroid

krankdroid New Member

changing the layout ?

where in the code should i look if i want to change the layout that makes the posted links align themselves slightly to the right for every link

and instead want to align them all underneath each other on the left side

i am using the yonda theme.. and by default that has them aligned like i want..

but for some reason the posted links are "drifting" more to the right for every post.
    can someone direct me to where i may be able to edit this?

i hope you dont mind me asking all these questions..

:)

7. krankdroid

krankdroid New Member

ok guys.. this time i got it.. yonda theme error..

so sorry to be writing about this.. but this time i really got it..

i have found the thing that created the conflict..

when editing the Submit Configuration, and dis-selecting "Description" the submitted stories then drift to the right..

i can dis select summary and tags. but not Description without this alignment error..

even though i am a noob,
    ( although i have begun reading up on my css/php )
    i was really hoping someone could help me now that i have found the correct problem.. i tried to delete some of my other post as they pointed towards the wrong sort of problem, but i cant.. it might be an idea to delete them though.

so.. can someone help now that the problem have been pinpointed ?

8. norby500

will there be any update on this theme?

9. idea

idea New Member

10. angelinaparker86

angelinaparker86 New Member

good theme,
    8 out ov 10

11. norby500

any new updates due on this? i do want to use it as it's a brilliant theme.

12. paradox

paradox New Member

Can this be updated? Would really enjoy using it.

13. mabujo

mabujo Designer

I haven't touched this in a while, is something broken?

14. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

So, certainly the themes that come with the latest version are very clean, look good and, I'm sure, highly optimized. And, perhaps it's because I've spent too much time on reddit, but I really like the minimalistic look of Yonda. Any plans to upgrade and optimize this to work with the latest version? I did install it - it's a bit off at the top and some of the fonts might be a wee small.

15. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

either the original author needs to update it or if someone else wants to fork a theme and then work on it, they are welcome to do that also

If you fork a theme, you can rename it and submit it to the forums theme downloads

It would be nice to see more themes

16. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

At some point in the future when I've got a few plugins under my belt, I might take this on. My .css skills are laughable but, at minimum, I'd really love to get the up and down arrows working with the default theme. Voting with arrow images over words just seems more visually appealing to me personally..

17. skorpyo

skorpyo Well-Known Member

I don't know, but I think we can't use or release other themes with the new version, because some how the bootstrap framework is included in every theme stylesheet...how to remove it?

18. angolanmade

angolanmade Well-Known Member

Can somebody shed some more light on this

19. shibuya246

a cut down version of bootstrap is part of the Hotaru CMS framework so that we can use dropdown css styles, buttons and menus. It is not the full bootstrap version. The default theme has the full bootstrap file.

Themes can override any css style by creating their own css file in their own css folder

20. shibuya246

This has been fixed now in the latest version. Apologies